Episode 63 is now live! This week it’s on for young and old as the guys cover the biggest story of 2011 – the massive brawl between Manly and the Storm! We also cover the usual previews and reviews in a bumper edition of the #1 rugby league podcast in the world – This Week in League. Don’t forget to enter our Jabra Finals Fantasy Football competition for your chance to win a Jabra Sport wireless bluetooth headset valued at $149.00! We’ve got loads to give away, and it’s free to enter at http://bit.ly/twilfantasy!
In This Episode
- We discuss all of the angles from Friday’s night of spite
- How will the Top 8 shake out? Who will win the spoon? It’s all up for grabs in Round 26!
- Enter our Jabra Finals Fantasy Football Competition here! Total prize pool of over $1500 worth of prizes!
- To discuss this episode head to our This Week In League Discussion for Episode 63
Announcing the Jabra Finals Fantasy Football Competition!
Courtesy of our awesome sponsors Jabra we have a great new competition that will run for the duration of the 2011 NRL Finals series!
It’s really simple to enter, just go to http://bit.ly/twilfantasy and sign up for our Finals Supercoach league – we welcome all comers!
Each week of the finals we’ll be giving the top points scorer for that week a BRAND NEW Jabra Sport Bluetooth Stereo Headset – these things are so new you can’t even get them in the shops yet! We will also give another Jabra Sport Bluetooth Stereo Headset away to a random contestant each week, so even if you suck at Supercoach you are still in the running!
What on earth is a Jabra Sport? I’m glad you asked! Here’s the features:
- Wireless Bluetooth stereo allowing you to listen to music and answer calls during your workout
- No messy cords or wires to tangle up your workout
- Free Endomondo Sports Tracker application designed for Jabra which allows you to update status’ on speed, lap time and distance by simply tapping your headset. The app allows you to see your running route via GPS and can verbally read status updates. The thing that’s unique about Endomondo is that when friends comment on your status, the Jabra Sport will read it out to you live as you’re running, cycling or sweating it out on the cross-trainer!
- Wind-shielded microphone and US Military Standard Rain, Dust and Shock Resistant certified
- Built-in FM radio, A2DP technology and powerful bass allowing a wide variety of music options
In short, the Jabra Sport is the Benji Marshall of headsets for active people!
- The judges decision is final on all matters regarding this competition and no correspondence will be entered into! There’s no “and then!”.
- Each winner is allowed to win ONE Jabra Sport – you’ll still be in line for other prizes that we’re arranging for the overall winner, but if you win a Jabra Sport you become ineligible for further units, and the prize will move to the second-highest scorer that week (or next eligible prize recipient).
- Have fun! Don’t be like Chris Walker, be like Fonzie… and what was Fonzie like? Cool. So be cool!
- Good luck!
Feel free to hit up Jabra on their Twitter at @Jabra_ANZ and thank them for supporting independent media. We are loving their support and are proud to be partnering up with them for this great competition!
Listen now (Standard MP3 version)
Our host has decided we can’t upload MP3’s at the moment, apparently everyone can use an M4A – just another reason why we’ll be changing soon! If you download the M4A and can’t use it, please let us know as we try and come up with alternatives!
Download (Enhanced with chapters and artwork)
Download M4A – Right click, Save as
Subscribe via iTunes
If you’re on Facebook and haven’t become a fan of This Week in League yet, what are you waiting for? We’ve hit 768 – getting close to that 800 barrier! Help us out!
Follow the conversation about this episode on Twitter by including the hashtags #NRL and #TWiLeague in your tweets! Feel free to throw @TWiLeague on there as well if you really want to catch our attention! Our advice: go to tweetchat.com and track the #TWiLeague hashtag there during games – it’s like a chatroom for TWiL listeners!
As always, if you enjoy the show please head over to iTunes and give us a rating and a review! Thanks so much to everyone who has given us a rating already, and especially a review – thanks to you we were featured on the iTunes Store and the show has absolutely skyrocketed up the charts!
Feel free to leave a comment below and help us spread the word by posting via your Twitter or Facebook account!
3 thoughts on “TWiL Episode 63: The Main Event Of The Season”
In this story No
place in our game for the biff says David Gallop D.G quoted, The judiciary
“will deal with the individuals and the issues but it’s important today to
make the point that the clubs have a collective responsibility to protect the
image of the game”, he said. Ever since the introduction of the 10m rule
under the 13man game the clubs collectively (their coaching staff &
players) have introduced a range of tactics in the tackle in efforts to slow
the play the ball down. With the referees under instruction (the blind eye
syndrome) allowing this CANCER to FESTER to create the illusion of a fast game,
that’s the only reason they wanted the 2nd ref on the field
police the crap in the tackle that they themselves allowed to get to a
point, (that worked out well didn’t it?) Eventually a referee will
penalise a player & the question will then be asked I’ve been
getting away with it for the last 10min or 3 games or the other team
have been doing it all game how come you pinched us. Why haven’t all
those responsible for
this CANCER been held accountable for not protecting the image of the
that the same as bringing the game into disrepute. And the fact that
Geoff Bellew is now on to it the circus must go on. OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!
Wow! Nathan I always knew you were bias, but I didnt know you were a cunt too… Dead set, after listening to this last ep’ and hearing you go on about how innocent manly was in the fight made me lose the tiny shred of respect I had for you. Glen how do you hold yourself back from knocking out that fuckwhit sitting in front of you?…
It was a suprise to hear that Nathan said he would be the third man in a fight – Its weird a cat would make such a dog move! but then again, I guess gronks dont know what being a man is all about! Any self respecting man would NOT jump in when his mate isin a fight, unless, just like Glen said, their mate was being slaughtered – in which case you should do whatever it takes to help your mate. But if it’s just 2 guys going toe to toe, and you jump in making it 2 on 1 – Then you are the lowest form of scum to walk this earth – hmmm actually after saying that I guess it is no suprise Nathan would be a third man in ay.. Serioulsy, Nathan, you fat fuckin low life, how does your missus put up with you rolling around the house spilling gravy everywhere!? Thanks for ruining what was a really good podcast, and Glen, please mate, find a new co-host and start a new podcast! You will absolutely get 3 times as many listeners if your show is minus one fat cunt.
Hahaha thanks for the comment “Macca”, if that is your real name. Your kind words are much appreciated!
Now, onto serious matters – YOU WIN! You are officially the dumbest cunt who listens to This Week in League, because, despite the UFC-style intro clearly stating I would be trolling in that episode, you STILL fell for the bait hook, line and sinker. You are in an exclusive group, because you are literally the only listener who did. You stupid fucking cunt.
FYI my missus does quite well thank you, but I have grave fears for yours, given the only form of “intimacy” you practise is drinking your own load out of your fleshlight after you’re finished.
Keep listening though, really.